Search new car features, prices, specifications & pictures:
Saturn Outlook Crossover Gets More V-6 Power, More Towing for 2009
The family friendly Saturn Outlook crossover provides the capability of an SUV with car-like style, efficiency and driving feel. For 2009, Outlook – which accommodates up to eight and their gear – gets a sophisticated new V-6 engine that provides more power without compromising fuel economy.
New for 2009 Saturn Outlook:
* New 3.6L DOHC V-6 engine with variable valve timing and direct injection produces 281 horsepower (210 kW) on XE model, 288 horsepower (215 kW) on XR model (XR model horsepower and torque SAE certified)
* Maximum towing capacity increases to 5,200-lbs (2,364 kg) (interim ’09 MY change)**
* Leather standard on XR and available on XE
* Touring Package includes 20-inch alloy wheels and rear fascia cutouts for dual exhaust (interim availability)
All-New Saturn Vue 2 Mode Hybrid Joins 2009 Saturn Lineup
The Saturn Vue, completely redesigned for 2008, makes history just one model year into its launch when the 2009 Saturn Vue 2 Mode Hybrid goes into production in late 2008. It is expected to be the world’s most fuel-efficient V-6 SUV, providing an estimated 50-percent increase in fuel economy compared to the non-hybrid Vue XR.
New for 2009 Saturn Vue:
* New hybrid model: Saturn Vue 2 Mode Hybrid (production begins late 2008) is GM’s first FWD application of two-mode hybrid technology (Please see separate release for details)
* “Green Line” name and badge eliminated
* Standard Panic Brake Assist helps improve stopping distances in emergency braking situations
* Enhanced Driver Information Center on all models
* OnStar 7.2 with Bluetooth hands-free phone connection available on XE (requires Convenience Package), standard on XR and Red Line
* XE Convenience Package also includes heated seats
* OnStar Directions & Connections download to navigation screen
2009 Saturn Sky Roadster Remains A Head-Turner, Not A Money Burner
Saturn’s popular Sky roadster, the first Saturn model in the brand’s aggressive product renaissance, emphasizes a bold, European-inspired look and fun, responsive driving. The affordable performance roadster enters its third model year of wooing enthusiasts who want a sports car that doesn’t break the bank.
New for the 2009 Saturn Sky Roadster:
* New OnStar 8.0 hardware includes Bluetooth hands-free phone connection (standard on Red Line; available on roadster with Premium Trim Package)
* New 18-inch aluminum alloy wheel in three finishes
* Ruby Red Limited Edition and Hydro Blue Limited Edition promotional packages include new split-spoke wheel
* New exterior colors: Evening Blue, Ruby Red and Hydro Blue (limited availability promotional color) replace Midnight Blue, Bluestone and Carbon Flash
General Motors Adds 12-Month/12,000-Mile Bumper-to- Bumper Warranty on GM Certified Used Vehicles and Saturn CPO Vehicles
Program Enhancements Provide Buyers Added Value, Peace of Mind Assurances
DETROIT, 2008-08-19 - General Motors (GM) today announced that it will provide consumers with a fully transferable 12-month/12,000-mile* "bumper-to-bumper" warranty with no deductible on all GM Certified Used Vehicles and all Saturn Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles sold in the United States. The announcement was made by Brian McVeigh, general manager, GM Fleet and Commercial Operations, and Jamie Hresko, GM North America vice president of quality.
GM also announced it has extended the age and mileage eligibility standards for GM Certified Used Vehicles and Saturn Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles to include models six years old or newer, with up to 75,000 miles.
"The price you pay is the price we pay - not a cent more."
DETROIT, 2008-08-19 -- General Motors (GM) today announced the GM 100th Anniversary Sales Event, on virtually its entire lineup of 2008MY Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, GMC, Saturn, Cadillac, Saab and HUMMER vehicles from August 20 through September 2, 2008. The event features employee pricing on nearly all 2008MY vehicles, and select 2009MY vehicles in stock.
This program is designed to celebrate the company's 100th anniversary by providing employee pricing to the public for a very limited time. GM's combination of offering terrific MSRPs, and great incentives, offers customers a unique value opportunity as the company celebrates its centennial year and looks toward the future.
Saturn Hands on Homes program, Jon Bon Jovi's Philadelphia Soul Charitable Foundation and Habitat for Humanity Detroit Join Forces to Provide Affordable Housing
DETROIT, 2008-07-07 -- While Jon Bon Jovi is used to bringing down the house, today he announced the building of five homes in the MorningSide community on Detroit's East Side. On behalf of his Philadelphia Soul Charitable Foundation, Bon Jovi joined Saturn General Manager Jill Lajdziak, Detroit-area Saturn retailers and Habitat for Humanity Detroit to kick off a construction blitz that will provide five Detroit families with their own homes by the holidays.
2008-07-01 -- Five Detroit families will realize the American dream of home ownership thanks to a partnership between Saturn, Detroit-area Saturn retailers, Jon Bon Jovi’s Philadelphia Soul Charitable Foundation, Habitat for Humanity Detroit and U-SNAP-BAC. At a press conference to announce this initiative, the last remaining home on the lots will be razed and the first wall of a new home will be erected. A special guest from the Philadelphia Soul Charitable Foundation will be on hand to lend support.
Monday, July 7, 2008
The five home sites are on Wayburn Street on Detroit’s East Side (north of Mack Avenue, east of Alter Road) in the MorningSide neighborhood
* Jill Lajdziak, general manager, Saturn
GM market share estimated 2 points above May and up slightly compared with June 2007
DETROIT, 2008-07-01 – General Motors Corp. (NYSE: GM) today announced June sales results, highlighted by an 8 percent rise in retail car sales and continued strong performance in crossovers. Despite the significant decline of industry market volume and the limited availability of some of GM’s most popular models, GM dealers in the United States delivered 265,937 vehicles in June, down 8 percent (18.5 percent unadjusted). Truck sales declined 6 percent.
For 2009, the Saturn Aura midsize sport sedan demonstrates that fuel efficiency-minded customers don’t have to sacrifice uplevel amenities such as a six-speed automatic transmission, leather seating, alloy wheels and Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity, as a new 2.4L four-cylinder Aura XR model joins the Saturn family.
Saturn also has good news for those seeking to go further on a gallon of gas: Both Aura XE and XR four-cylinder models achieve EPA fuel economy of 33 mpg highway and 26 mpg city/highway combined, the segment’s highest non-hybrid fuel economy.
“At Saturn, we’ve rethought the sport sedan by making one that gets the best non-hybrid highway fuel economy in its class, but still has all of the room, style and comfort our customers want,” said Jill Lajdziak, Saturn general manager. “Gas station operators might not like the ’09 Aura, but our customers certainly will.”
Still fresh from its 2008 model year debut, when it challenged the North American compact car market with sporty looks, European driving performance and a long list of standard equipment, the 2009 Saturn Astra delivers targeted enhancements that make it an even stronger contender in the segment.
In addition to cabin enhancements such as new cloth seats and door inserts, an advanced audio system is available on XE models.
Search new car features, specifications, pictures and pricing:
Automakers: Latest Makes and Models on Auto Spectator