Search new car features, prices, specifications & pictures:
Lincoln MKT Production Confirmed As All-New Three-Row Luxury Crossover To Launch In 2009
PEBBLE BEACH, Calif., Aug. 15, 2008 - Kicking off the weekend marking the celebrated Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, Lincoln today confirms it will produce the Lincoln MKT, a premium, three-row luxury crossover based on a the well-received concept vehicle.
* Lincoln continues to expand its portfolio of luxury vehicles with the all-new, three-row Lincoln MKT set to be introduced during calendar year 2009 and redesigned Lincoln MKZ sedan to be shown at 2008 Los Angeles Auto Show
DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 6, 2008 -- It shines, it glitters, it energizes and allures. In fact, the importance and psychology of color is unmistakable, even in the automotive realm. "It's critical," says Susan Sage, Color and Materials design manager, at Ford Motor Company. "Color creates an aesthetic emotion. If it's a color that the customer loves, if it gives them that sense of balance and comfort, they'll want it. It can make or break a sale."
* Lincoln MKS palette choices enhance the vehicle's architectural elements, offer holistic design combinations.
* Psychology of color given strong consideration in choice of tones, depth and exterior-interior package.
DEARBORN, Mich., July 1, 2008 -- In the first half of 2008, sales of Ford, Lincoln and Mercury cars and crossovers to retail customers were higher than a year ago. Retail sales for cars increased 3 percent and crossovers also were up (less than 1 percent). Together, cars and crossovers accounted for 59 percent of Ford's first half retail sales compared with 49 percent in the first half 2007.
- Ford, Lincoln and Mercury June sales totaled 167,090, down 28 percent versus year ago.
- Ford Focus' sales to individual retail customers were 9 percent higher than a year ago.
- 2009 Ford Flex and 2009 Lincoln MKS debut.
DEARBORN, Mich., June 24, 2008– Taking a significant leap from the traditional 30- and 60-second broadcast advertising model, luxury automaker Lincoln is delivering a first this week with the national television launch of a three-minute movie featuring the all-new 2009 Lincoln MKS.
* New ad campaign presents the all-new 2009 Lincoln MKS and is an industry-first, featuring a three-minute movie commercial scheduled to debut during the Black Entertainment Television Awards pre-show today.
* Partner 30- and 15-second spots will air on select television stations beginning today.
The 2008 Lincoln Town Car is Lincoln’s full-size luxury sedan with a tradition of a smooth ride and superb comfort. The Town Car has long been Lincoln’s primary sedan, and it enjoys extremely high customer satisfaction and loyalty. The Signature Limited and Signature L deliver two comprehensive, well-contented series for retail customers and two additional series are available for the limousine and livery market.
As with all Lincoln vehicles, Town Car comes standard with complimentary maintenance for 12 months/12,000 miles. The Lincoln Town Car is built in St. Thomas, Ontario.
Design and Equipment
The Lincoln Navigator, America’s original full-size luxury SUV, continues to deliver uncompromising levels of luxury, capability, functionality. For 2008, the award-winning Navigator raises the bar by offering many must-have comfort and convenience features as standard equipment.
In addition, the newly available Rearview Camera System adds even more appeal for full-size SUV owners.
The Lincoln Navigator’s expressive design brings a unique elegance and an unrivaled presence to the full-size luxury-utility segment.
Posting continued year-over-year sales growth, the Lincoln MKZ has drawn new customers to the Lincoln brand by offering sophisticated American design, an award-winning premium interior and a long list of innovative and exclusive features at a value unheard of in the luxury segment.
For 2008, Lincoln MKZ adds more standard features for greater comfort and convenience:
* Lincoln Sync™, Ford’s industry-exclusive, voice-activated hands-free in-car communications and entertainment system. Developed in collaboration with Microsoft, the system fully integrates mobile phones and media players into the vehicle using Bluetooth technology and USB connectivity (late availability).
Lincoln MKX has defined the brand’s presence in the fast-growing premium crossover segment with elegant exterior design, an award-winning interior, and third party recognition for safety, quality, and technology. Lincoln MKX has consistently sold at a pace faster than its key competitors and brought new customers in the Lincoln dealer showroom at an impressive rate.
The brand’s first crossover is one part of a product strategy to round out the Lincoln showroom and continues to deliver with new features and equipment for the 2008 model year.
Lincoln Mark LT offers a unique blend of distinctive Lincoln luxury styling with the functionality of a pickup truck, delivering outstanding payload and towing capacity. The additional level of sophistication, inherent in all Lincolns, sets it above other high-end pickups.
The Mark LT’s elegant, well-appointed interior provides room for five adults in premium-soft leather front captain’s chairs and full, rear seat. Ingress and egress are made easy via four full doors.
Both 4x2 and 4x4 versions of Mark LT are available with a longer, 6.5-foot cargo bed providing an additional 10 cubic-feet of cargo capacity from the standard 5.5-foot cargo bed.
For 2008, the Lincoln Mark LT adds two new features that provide and extra level of security and convenience.
More than 8,600 orders have been placed for the 2009 Lincoln MKS
DEARBORN, Mich., June 2, 2008 - More than 8,600 orders have been placed for the 2009 Lincoln MKS, the full-size luxury sedan that doesn't even arrive in dealerships until this summer - with the high-level "Ultimate Package" accounting for 65 percent of early orders.
* More than 8,600 orders have been placed for the all-new 2009 Lincoln MKS prior to the vehicle's arrival in dealerships this summer.
* The new Lincoln MKS full-size luxury sedan is attracting new buyers with its timeless design, fuel-efficient powertrain and an unparalleled suite of features and technologies.
Search new car features, specifications, pictures and pricing:
Automakers: Latest Makes and Models on Auto Spectator