Search new car features, prices, specifications & pictures:
All-New HUMMER H3T Joins 2009 Lineup
HUMMER is bringing its unmistakable style and unmatched capability to the truck market with the 2009 H3T. It is based on the architecture of the popular H3, but features a five-passenger crew cab and a separate five-foot-long (1.5 meters) bed.
2009 HUMMER H3, HUMMER H3 Alpha, HUMMER H3T & HUMMER H3T Alpha Highlights:
* Exclusive standard full-time four-wheel drive with 32-inch tires and skid plates
* Crew cab body style with seating for five
* Five-foot (1.5 meters) bed capable of carrying two dirt bikes, a snowmobile or ATV and full sheets of plywood
* Extensive portfolio of officially licensed accessories
* Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free phone operation (standard)
* Optional rearview camera system
* Front locker included in the Off-Road Adventure package
* Hill start assist
2009 HUMMER H2 Adds FlexFuel Capability and Exclusive ‘Black Chrome’ Limited Edition
The incomparable HUMMER H2 enters 2009 with new technologies – including Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free phone operation – new interior amenities, a Black Chrome limited edition model and standard E85 FlexFuel capability. The enhancements give customers more choices on a model line that delivers an uncompromising balance of capability and comfort.
New for 2009 HUMMER H2 & 2009 HUMMER H2 SUT:
* “Black Chrome” limited edition model (interim availability)
* Second-row captains chairs
* Third-row seat storage
* Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free phone operation
* OnStar Destination Download
* XM Satellite Radio with real-time traffic feature
* Power-tilting steering wheel (interim availability)
* Heated steering wheel (interim availability)
* Rear vision with “display on demand” on inside rearview mirror (models without navigation system)
V-8-Powered H3 Alpha Expands HUMMER’s Range of Versatile SUVs in 2008
Offering the towing capability that only a V-8 can, the 2008 H3 Alpha broadens HUMMER’s range of versatile, do-anything and go-anywhere vehicles.
Highlights for 2008 HUMMER H3 Lineup:
* Powerful 5.3L V-8 powertrain offers 300 hp (224 kW)*
* Maximum towing increased to 6,000 pounds (2,721 kg) – a 33-percent increase
* Unique exterior and interior features, including Alpha badging
* Rear door child safety locks (interim ’07)
* Relocated power window switches (interim ’07)
The H3 Alpha is the second member of HUMMER’s exclusive Alpha series, representing the pinnacle of performance, both off the road and on it. It comes with a new, 5.3L V-8 engine that delivers 300 horsepower (224 kW)* and 320 lb.-ft. of torque (434 Nm)*. It is partnered with a four-speed automatic transmission and enables a maximum towing capacity of 6,000 pounds (2,721 kg) – an increase of more than 33 percent over other H3 models.
2008 HUMMER H2 Delivers Greater Capability And Comfort, Retains Iconic Design
The iconic HUMMER H2 enters 2008 with a raft of changes, delivering a more refined interior that combines luxury with HUMMER’s legendary ruggedness; enhanced safety features and a more powerful engine that is coupled with a new, six-speed automatic transmission. The new powertrain combination improves efficiency when compared with previous models. The H2 SUVs and H2 SUT continue as the distinct body styles of the lineup.
2008 HUMMER H2 and 2008 HUMMER H2 SUT Highlights:
* All-new interior with refined, premium appointments, all-new instrument panel and more comfortable seats with a full third row
* Standard rear HVAC
* New standard safety features including new electronic stability control system with rollover mitigation technology, panic brake assist and roof rail head curtain side air bags with rollover sensing system
Team driver Emily Miller vies to become first Vegas to Reno "Ironwoman"
DETROIT, 2008-08-20 -- Rod Hall Racing's Team HUMMER, recognized as the most successful stock class desert racing program, attempts to enter the record books again this weekend as team driver Emily Miller, embarks on a quest to become the first woman to drive the entire 457-mile Best in the Desert (BITD) "TSCO Vegas to Reno" race. Racers take the green flag on Friday, August 22, 2008.
"The price you pay is the price we pay - not a cent more."
DETROIT, 2008-08-19 -- General Motors (GM) today announced the GM 100th Anniversary Sales Event, on virtually its entire lineup of 2008MY Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, GMC, Saturn, Cadillac, Saab and HUMMER vehicles from August 20 through September 2, 2008. The event features employee pricing on nearly all 2008MY vehicles, and select 2009MY vehicles in stock.
This program is designed to celebrate the company's 100th anniversary by providing employee pricing to the public for a very limited time. GM's combination of offering terrific MSRPs, and great incentives, offers customers a unique value opportunity as the company celebrates its centennial year and looks toward the future.
GM market share estimated 2 points above May and up slightly compared with June 2007
DETROIT, 2008-07-01 – General Motors Corp. (NYSE: GM) today announced June sales results, highlighted by an 8 percent rise in retail car sales and continued strong performance in crossovers. Despite the significant decline of industry market volume and the limited availability of some of GM’s most popular models, GM dealers in the United States delivered 265,937 vehicles in June, down 8 percent (18.5 percent unadjusted). Truck sales declined 6 percent.
DETROIT, 2008-06-12 -- General Motors announced personnel moves today in support of its four retail channels: Chevrolet; Premium (Cadillac, Hummer, Saab); Buick-Pontiac-GMC; and Saturn. The moves streamline the organization by combining or eliminating job functions. This will help the brands better deliver world-class products to customers, and build value for GM and its dealers.
The following appointments are effective July 1st; however these individuals will begin to transition into their new roles immediately.
Reporting to Ed Peper, North America vice president, Chevrolet Channel will be:
* Kim Kosak, general director, advertising and promotions. This is essentially a continuation of Kim's current responsibilities.
DETROIT, 2008-06-12– General Motors today announced an online vehicle discount program for active and reserve military members that can save military families thousands of dollars when purchasing a new car or truck from Chevrolet, Saturn, Pontiac, Buick, Saab, Cadillac, GMC or HUMMER.
* Military Members Can Get Great Discounts With Online Program
* GM Military Discount Tour Visits Scheduled Around The Country – First Stops: MCB Quantico, VA and Ft. Belvoir, VA
* “Big Choice Sweepstakes” To Award Pontiac G8, Trip to the Super Bowl or Daytona 500
ATLANTA, 2008-06-06 – All models of the 2009 Cadillac Escalade will be able to run on either ordinary gasoline or E85 ethanol, or any combination of the two, General Motors announced Friday. And customers will have the fueling choice at no additional cost.
The Cadillac Escalade, Cadillac Escalade EXT and Cadillac Escalade ESV as well as the GMC Denali, join the previously announced 2009 Chevrolet HHR, Buick Lucerne and Hummer H2 and Hummer H2 SUT as additions to GM’s industry-leading flex-fuel lineup .
Search new car features, specifications, pictures and pricing:
Automakers: Latest Makes and Models on Auto Spectator